Buzzings from a quilter who bumbles her way through life!

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Quilter's Hot Chocolate Pudding in Less than 2 Minutes!!!



If you are among the many quilters who love chocolate, you may be interested in this recipe. It is one I have been making for 40 years. I am allergic to eggs, so this recipe is one I can safely eat. Through the years, I have gotten it down to a science. I can have it ready to eat in only 1 minute and 30 seconds!!! When my family needed a quick dessert, this was the one we made. Here is the recipe:

Hot Chocolate Pudding to Go
In each of 4 Zip-Loc bags, put 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup instant non-fat dry milk, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (the non-sweetened type for baking), and a dash of salt.  Set aside until you need a chocolate fix!
When you're ready for some hot pudding, just dump the contents of one bag in a microwave safe pan or other container (large enough for a little expansion) and add 3/4 cup water. Stir it well and microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. (My microwave is newer and more powerful than the older ones. If your microwave is old, you may need to go a little longer.) Take it out and stir it well. I add in about 1/2 tablespoon of butter and some almond extract, but you don't have to do this. You can also put a dollop of Cool Whip or whipped cream on top.
Enjoy!

This will be enough to get you quilting again!

1 comment:

  1. I like this idea. I think I will take it to school for myself. Since we only have 30 minutes for lunch/bathroom break which can take awhile if everyone is in line for the one-seater I need a quick something by the time I get back to the room. I am planning on taking fruit, celery and natural peanut butter but I need a little sweet at the end. This may fill the bill.

    ReplyDelete

You can leave your comment here! (I'm so sorry, but if you are an Anonymous commenter, your comment will not publish. This is because of the huge amounts of spam that I have received from anonymous sources.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...